Sunday, April 5, 2009

Scar Tissue and Life Issues

My roommate and I were having a Talk (capital T) the other night. Just about life and it's phases... things we have to go through, things we are going through.

I shared a comparison I had noticed a few days before.

That I have this built-up scar tissue under the messy scar on my right ankle... where the bone broke through the skin. ...If you just cringed like my roommate did when I said that to him... sorry about that.

And well, it can be painful to have this scar tissue on my ankle. It's this tight little ball of pain. To get rid of it, I'd have to have a physical therapist get in there, rub it all around, and break it up. Basically doing the exact thing I'd like to avoid.

My comparison was that... that's how it is with issues in your life too. If you really want to get rid of an irritant, you have to go to the source of the problem. You have to go through the pain of working it out if you want it to stop.

Pierre said, "So what do you do?"
With my fingers still touching the little ball of pain, I responded "I just leave it."
Pierre chuckled...
I continued, "It doesn't prevent me from doing what I need to do, so I just work around it."

Wait, we're still talking about my scar tissue, right? Hmm... eff... I hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment