Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Bitter? Party of One?

Christina, standing in our kitchen talking about the joys of dating, says, "Yeah, but what if I started dating this guy and he ended up killing me??!"

She had gotten a little too involved in the Lacey Peterson story she watched the night before and imagined herself in a relationship with someone who could keep such a secret evil side hidden.

I thought over her concern for a second and then responded with a shrug of my shoulders, "True, but at least if he actually killed you, you'd get to be done with the whole situation."

My boy roommate Pierre had been listening to our girl banter and chimed in at this comment, laughing, "So those are really the options these days??!!"

We all laughed at the thought and I realized that Yes, I did just say -out loud- that dying is a viable alternative to dating. Oy.

No comments:

Post a Comment