Thursday, January 28, 2010

This, my friend, is nothing.

~Dream last night~
Walking to the elevator for lunch with co-workers.
Watching most of them step on to the most dangerous elevator I've ever seen; imagined or otherwise.
Not getting on that elevator.
Meeting up with everyone at lunch.
Heading back to the office by plane. A small plane. A small plane that I'm standing on the wing of. In a lightning storm. Knowing that we were headed towards a crash. Knowing we weren't "getting out of this one."

Blackness.

Woke up in a field after the crash. Knowing (or seeing... but not necessarily both) that my legs were gone as a result of the crash. There was leg down to the knee, and then there was bone. But not bloody, scary bone. More like Quentin Tarantino bone. Just bone - nothing gory - just fact, no adjectives. Neutral.

Picking up my legs and throwing them in a shopping cart and then slowly pushing the cart (on my knees) out of the field and to my dad's house.

Get to Dad's house. Waiting patiently for my mom to drive by so I can calmly ask her to drive me to the hospital. Preparing the way I'm going to prevent her from getting upset - because there was no need to get upset. Either they would put my legs back on, or I would get fake ones.

...

My whole morning today, I couldn't shake the anxiety factor of this dream. I'm learning a brand new role at work and I fell asleep obsessing over the nerves of being in unchartered waters in my professional career.

But as the day went on and I talked about the dream a few times, I was able to see the strength factor of this dream.

Kimm put it best during our two hour "business" lunch today.

"That did happen to you*

You did fall and you did land and
your legs didn't work.
You did pick yourself up
and
You did deal with the situation and
You did overcome the challenge.

This, Sarah, is nothing."

The elephant on the wall is Ganesh, the Hindu God, the Remover of Obstacles.
The wall in this picture is in the studio at YogaTree Valencia.
The empty studio at YogaTree Valencia is where I shared myself
with my yoga teacher.
With the room.
With myself.
**

Messages appear to you everywhere.
In dreams. On walls.
Are you open to receiving them?


*That story here Caution: not for the faint of heart
**And that story here

1 comment:

  1. Wow, what a powerful dream! thank you for sharing. Love the language of dreams. I wish you best in your new job. Seems like you have consciousness on your side!

    ReplyDelete