Sunday, June 28, 2009

I'm not sad... have no soul?

We lost 4 celebrities last week. Is it up to 5 now?

So Farrah Faucett died. Long battle with cancer. So tragic and must be so hard on her family. Michael Jackson. Again, his poor family. He was a great artist. A tragic life though, really.
Ed MacMahon (sp?), Willy Mayes.

Ok yes, that's a larger-than-average cluster of celebrities dying that close to each other.

But people die everyday. People who have loved ones, and children, who ARE children, who battle cancer, who drive drunk, who drive sober and get hit....

I'm just as sad for the batch of celebrity deaths as I am for the number of other people who die that I don't know. It's a tragic thing, it's hard on the families, but it's a part of life and just because a person has a star on the walk of fame, doesn't make their death any more important or sad.

I don't usually cry when a stranger dies because then I'd be sad every day.... so don't expect me to be sad for these celebrities.

2 comments:

  1. Hey! It's Billy Mays...Willie Mays is still alive. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh well... at least that confirms my "I don't care" statement.

    ReplyDelete