Sunday, June 6, 2010

I surrender

and I mean it this time.














and no mom, this is not me :)

It never hit home the way it did last Friday. Your yoga instructors always say "Let go. Let it happen. Listen to your body. Etc etc etc." But Friday she said "Surrender as a way to say 'I accept this challenge.'"
At that moment, my neck went from controlling the placement of my head just to completely letting it go. My head hung forward in complete surrender.

I remember thinking, "woah. i haven't been letting go
at all." I'd been thinking "I'll 'let go' in this way because that's normal. Because that's the way other people are probably letting go."
I was still clenching. Grasping. Thinking. Watching. Worrying.
And as always - so in yoga, so in life.
I surrender. I'm humbled. I bow.

No comments:

Post a Comment