Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Like tick, tick

When I was new at my current job, I would listen to my counterpart (who had been doing my job for several months by then) and think, "Oh wow, she really knows what she's talking about."

I would sit on phone calls with another co-worker and think "Good thing she's on the phone right now. I'd have no idea what to do with this conversation."

Today I was on a call with one of our newest hires (who I've been training). I found myself dominating the meeting. I IM'ed her, "Sorry, I'll shut up. I don't want to run your call." She said "No please. Don't shut up. I need you."

I understood the bottom-line objective of what we needed to sort out on that call of over 12 people and I just made it happen. Owned it.

.....

Trying to apply this to my current job nerves. I did it once, I'll do it again. Patience Sarah, Patience.

This picture though, is what inspired me to write this post. This was our IM conversation after the meeting. A picture can say so much more than words sometimes.


And this is a picture OF words. Double-whammy.
Good night. Go me.

No comments:

Post a Comment