Monday, February 8, 2010

on my path alone

you're asking to come in here
but there's not enough room there
in my heart
is the intention to
explore but not decide
investigate but not resolve
to sniff around
but not to stick around.
to like you
but not love you.
to show you
but not involve you.
to love you
but not revolve around you.
to learn
but not believe you.
to walk beside you but
wander from you
and keep going
on my path alone
for now.


I wrote this poem back in May-ish last year.
I didn't stick with this plan. At all. I never do.

I let us get too far.
And I ended up sad.
I let my heart go where it shouldn't have.
And it ended up broken.

I'm still trying to be alone.
But boys keep on creepin on...

people try and console me these days by saying,
"Oh that's good you're not looking for anyone
That's when you find someone."
I don't to find anyone!
I don't want any distractions.
I'm focused.
Focusing.
On my path.
alone.
for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment