Sunday, December 27, 2009

Yes I really will

Yes. Yes I really am going to a yoga workshop on New Years Eve.
No, not New Years Day. New Years EVE.
Yes, that night. Yes, 10pm - 1am.
Then what? Then nothing. Then walk, clear-headed in to my room, light my candle, write in my journal, set my intentions for the year and lay my sweet head to rest.

No, I'm really not going to a party. I'm really not getting dressed up and I'm really not going to party on New Years Eve.
I'm really not spending money on a ticket, really not waiting in line anywhere, really not shoving my way to a crowded bar so I can order an expensive drink that's going to give me a headache and make me sleep through the next morning.

I really will wake up early on New Years Day. I really will wake up to the next year I'm alive on this planet stretched-out and centered and ready for anything.

Bring it.

No comments:

Post a Comment