Friday, September 4, 2009

Hello, Perspective?

I'm sitting in my San Francisco apartment watching Family Guy on my Apple laptop... thinking about the fact that I need to walk down and go to the grocery store. And then walk back up the hill(s) with groceries.

My good friend (ex-roommate) Seth came online so I took the opportunity to avoid the grocery store even longer by chatting with him.

Seth has been living in the Congo for the last 6 months overseeing the mental health unit in a post-war country. ... .I've asked Seth to provide a few sentences here... Needless to say, he no longer lives in the civilization that we've all come to believe we're entitled to.

I told him, "I'm avoiding going to the grocery store." Seth, "Why?"

I began to answer, "Because I have to walk, because I live on a hill, because it's cold outside, and because I hate the grocery store."

And Seth wrote, "I would relish the opportunity."

So I ended up writing, "Because I have to walk, because I live... OH hello sweet perspective! Shut my mouth Seth! Thank you for that."

How easy we forget.

I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment