Tuesday, February 10, 2009

a Bridget Jones moment

Valentine's Day is Saturday. I've been single and fine with it for a whole year. I hope it can hold through the red pink heart fest this weekend.

I go in to the "holiday" promising myself not to feel bad about being single. I will. NOT. be. bitter.
I do not care about Valentine's day. Take away all the consumerism that's coating the day and it becomes just a regular old Saturday where it's no more shameful to make yourself dinner, do yoga in your living room, put on sweats, finish reading Blink and eat a Skinny Cow ice cream sandwich for dessert.

Who can I blame? TV?

I. am. single.
I. am. fine with that.

Don't get me wrong; it's not that I don't want a relationship. I'm not a bitter betty opposed to the idea of love and happiness with another person. But I know you can't control when and where you find that. So I don't try....

...ok, I try a little bit but I know that it is what it is. C'est la Vee day or not.

But I still hate Valentine's Day.


No comments:

Post a Comment